OK, winter’s here now in Merrickville. More often than not we aren’t prepared for it’s effects. Here are the main things to consider:
- Winterize your home.
- Prepare your walkway snow clearing tools and deicing materials.
- Check your heating systems.
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors.
- Service your car and install your winter tires.
- Prepare your winter clothing and footwear.
- Prepare your emergency kits for your house and vehicles.
- Review your plans to keep your pets safe from the weather.
For more information, see Be Ready! Winter Weather from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, and get ready for the beast!
Yours in health,
Vic Weatherall, DC